I’m so sorry for the lack of posts for the past couple of weeks. But luckily, I brought a suitcase full of excuses with me:
1. We just had a baby, which means I’m sleeping about 5 hours a night, and in 1 hour segments. As bad as that sounds, it’s far worse for my wife.
2. We’ve had a few power outages in our neighborhood, and for a couple of days at a time. This is not that big of a deal in itself, except when you take into account that it has been well over 100 degrees in DC. And we’re a family of six, including a newborn.
3. My house was broken into. The thieves kicked in our back door and stole some electronics before they made their getaway by driving through our rear gate. It was quite the shock to come home and see police cars outside our door, and a K9 unit making sure the premise was clear of intruders.
4. The next day was my birthday. Happy birthday to me.
5. I’ve been suffering from some mystery sickness for the past four weeks that multiple doctors have not been able to diagnose. I went to a specialist today, and hopefully my blood work will shed some light on my condition.
All this to say that it has been difficult to summon up the strength and creativity necessary to write a good blog post. So I’m taking a short blogging vacation, will be back on the blogging horse soon, I promise. In the meantime, I’ve had a few articles published online in the past month to tide you over:
Relevant Magazine, Racism’s Last Generation
Church Leaders, What Should We Do When God Says No
Prodigal Magazine, How To Become the Perfect Dad
Thank you for following the blog so loyally, I truly appreciate it…